History of Cellwar

1906

Messrs Kaeser and Moilliet found a general partnership for the production and manufacture of celluloid.

1910

The general partnership is transformed into a limited partnership and is now called Kaeser, Moilliet & Co.

1912

The company buys additional land in Zollikofen and builds a new factory building.

1913

Kaeser, Moilliet & Co becomes the Schweizerische Celluloidwarenfabrik AG (Swiss celluloid factory plc).

1931

The firm is renamed as Celluloidwarenfabrik Zollikofen AG (celluloid factory Zollikofen plc).

1955

The high-frequency welding process is introduced.

1963

The Celluloidwarenfabrik Zollikofen AG begins with the manufacture of acryl glass and technical plastics.

1965

The Celluloidwarenfabrik Zollikofen AG is renamed as Cellwar AG, Zollikofen (Cellwar plc, Zollikofen).

1972

In Zollikofen building is taking place and thus the production capacity is increased.

1980

The firm puts the first CNC-operated machine into operation.

1983

Cellwar establishes its own screen printing press.

1986

Cellwar moves into the new manufacturing plant for high-frequency welding in Münchenbuchsee.

2003

The firm acquires a big CNC milling machine and further state-of-the-art production equipment.

2003

Cellwar strategically re-orientates itself and concentrates on the cutting and non-cutting processing of semi-finished plastic products. The high-frequency-welding branch of production is sold by the firm to Frelaplast AG + Herba-Plastic AG.

2003

The entire production moves from Zollikofen to Münchenbuchsee.

2005

Cellwar AG, Zollikofen becomes Cellwar GmbH.

2008

The certification according to ISO 9001:2000 is successful.

2009

Cellwar invests in state-of-the-art CNC machines and further plants.